* A note for those of you who read Clark Ashton Smith: Andrew Wheeler of the Science Fiction Book Club is asking for help determining which are his best stories. Can you help?
* And speaking of AKICIF (All Knowledge is Contained in Fandom), I'm trying to compile a list of all the works of speculative fiction in which Shawnee leader Tecumseh is a character (or at least mentioned significantly). Thus far, my list looks something like this:
- The Emperor of If by Guy Dent (1926)
- Probability Broach by L. Neil Smith (1981)
- The Tales of Alvin Maker series by Orson Scott Card (1987-present)
- 1812: The Rivers of War by Eric Flint (2005)
- The U.S.S. Tecumseh was an Excelsior-class ship mentioned several times Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
Does anyone know of others? Many thanks for your assistance.
* I will be in Oklahoma this weekend/early next week for a series of lectures and book signings (including this one, which is open to the public), and my Internet access will be limited. I will be back at home and fully online next Wednesday. Have a wonderful weekend!
The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.
Douglas Adams, The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul