My heart and best wishes go out to everyone in Oklahoma and elsewhere in the U.S. midwest who are still without electricity due to the devastating ice storm and now facing additional winter weather this weekend.
A few random items:
* There's a new promo up here for my January 6, 2008 interview with Woodland Star Net Radio.
* Ten wizard rock bands (including Harry and the Potters, The Remus Lupins, and Roonil Wazlib, among others) have donated songs to a free downloadable album to "rock out against Voldemedia." Get the album and more information here.
* Since my last post on podcasts, I've found two more to recommend:
- 1. Cthulhu "This podcast is inspired by the writings of H.P. Lovecraft and his Cthulhu Mythos. You will hear readings of his works, and horror or ghost stories by other authors. The Lovecraft "period" is primarily the 1920's and you will also hear music from that period. The aim is to provide anything appropriate to that time frame. However anything 'Lovecraft' like or spooky is likely to appear on this show." (Note: This is an excellent podcast!)
- 2. Slice of SciFi "News about science fiction television, movies, and more. If it's on the tube or silver screen, and someone's toting a blaster or longsword, we're probably talking about it." (Note: This is a bit like attending a con panel every week.)
Brew me a cup for a winter's night.
For the wind howls loud and the furies fight;
Spice it with love and stir it with care,
And I'll toast our bright eyes,
my sweetheart fair.
~Minna Thomas Antrim