I have a few quick notes today:
* First of all, congratulations to my husband and his school for the exciting news they shared this weekend: "College to Change Name to Lenoir-Rhyne University."
* Second of all, I am proud to announce that the book chapter "Sexy Nerds: Illya Kuryakin, Mr. Spock, and the Image of the Cerebral Hero in Television Drama," which I had the great pleasure of co-authoring with st_crispins, is now available in the new book Common Sense: Intelligence as Presented on Popular Television, edited by Lisa Holderman and published by Lexington Books. It was great fun to revisit the worlds of The Man from U.N.C.L.E., Star Trek, Blake's 7, The X-Files, MacGuyver, Stargate SG-1, VR.5, Buffy, Firefly/Serenity, Numb3rs, and NCIS with st_crispins; moreover, several fans and fan fiction authors on my friends list provided us with terrific quotes we used in the article. (You know who you are!) This piece was almost a decade in the making, so it's a thrill to see it in print at last.
* Speaking of the fabulous st_crispins, I recommend that you check her out (she's the blonde professor/expert with some terrific quotes) on the following clip. Backstage with Larry Nolan, Comcast's entertainment news show, did a piece on the new Man from U.N.C.L.E. DVD set, and they includeed clips from the Fandemonium extra that's among the set's bonus materials.
* And last, for your amusement: Which instruments would the denizens of the Star Wars universe play and why? Here's a guess: Guitar Wars?
"You know deep down this guy thinks he's Johnny Cash." (on Grand Moff Tarkin)
"Dude. He is so Clapton." (on Qui-Gon Jinn)
- Ale[X]-wing fighter at Guitar Wars?