Thank you so much for joining me in my month-long holiday celebration. I truly hope you've enjoyed it. I have! Please stop by, grab a virtual latte or cider or hot cocoa, a candied apple or some roasted pumpkin seeds, or even a goblet of blood and a plate of brains, and say hello!
Happy birthday to greenhoodloxley, and also happy early birthday to ithiliana, as well! May you both enjoy a wonderful day and a fantastic year to come.
* If you haven't checked out the Halloween posts of magicwondershow, mamomo, mguibord, vivien529, stina_leicht, and Book Chick City, or any of the other participants in Countdown to Halloween, you have time to catch up on all the goodness today!
* As always, you can find all of my past Halloween posts here.
Would you like to find some appropriate Halloween reading online? Here are my recommendations for archives to visit:
* The Literary Gothic (organized by title and author)
* Horror Masters (organized by subgenre, such as Classic Horror, Horror History, and Ghost Stories)
* The Works of Edgar Allan Poe (poetry, fiction, and non-fiction)
* The Works of H.P. Lovecraft (works written by Lovecraft)
Spooky Text of the Day: What can I say? This is my favorite. I hope you enjoy "Hallowe'en in a Suburb" by H.P. Lovecraft (1890-1937).
The steeples are white in the wild moonlight,
And the trees have a silver glare;
Past the chimneys high see the vampires fly,
And the harpies of upper air,
That flutter and laugh and stare.
For the village dead to the moon outspread
Never shone in the sunset's gleam,
But grew out of the deep that the dead years keep
Where the rivers of madness stream
Down the gulfs to a pit of dream.
( Collapse )