* Salon.com ran an interesting and critical response to the news about the new film version(s) of The Hobbit: "Guillermo del Toro to make "Hobbit" films: Bleah!"
* Guillermo del Toro responded to some (but not all) of the concerns noted in the Salon.com article via MTV.com: "Guillermo Del Toro Addresses 'Hobbit' Fans' Concerns, Talks Possible Casting."
* The Star Tribune posted a great new article on one of my favorite authors, Lois McMaster Bujold: "The Speculator."
* A sneak peak of Switchfoot's new song "This Is Home" from the forthcoming Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian soundtrack is now available here.
* I have updated my website.
* And last, here's a "feel good" YouTube recommendation (and it's barely a minute long). May it bring a smile and laugh to your day!
"A single word is more precious than human life if in uttering this word a man braves a tyrant for the sake of truth or liberty. If I think of the imperishable life of man, of that life which makes him a 'god by participation' and, beginning here below, will consist in seeing God face to face, nothing in the world is more precious than human life. And the more a man gives himself, the more he makes this life intense within him. Every self-sacrifice, every gift of oneself involves, be it in the smallest way, a dying for the one we love."
- Jacques Maritain