I have some links to share...
* Along with Neil Gaiman, Cory Doctorow, John Scalzi, and others, I will be helping to report on WorldCon in Montréal via the "mashup" of Convention Reporter. You can check out the website and the other reporters here.
* Vintage postcard scenes with added aliens. What's not to love?
* Librivox has added a new, unabridged recording read by Ruth Golding of one of the great post-apocalyptic classics: 1885's After London, or Wild England by Richard Jefferies. The first section of the book is called “The Relapse into Barbarism”, and it offers an account by a future historian of the fall of civilization and its consequences, with a loving description of nature reclaiming England. The second section, “Wild England," relates an adventure story set many years later in the wild landscape and society.
* There's a sneak peek of the forthcoming Star Trek: Deep Space Nine novel The Never-Ending Sacrifice by Una McCormack (a.k.a. altariel) at the Simon & Schuster website here.
"Adventure is when you toss your life on the scales of chance and wait for the pointer to stop."
- Murray Leinster, "First Contact" (1945)