* I came home to some shiny news: the abstract for my essay "Crowded in My Sky": Liberty and the Frontier in Firefly and Serenity" has been accepted for the forthcoming anthology The Philosophy of Joss Whedon, edited by Dean A. Kowalski and S. Evan Kreider. My article grew out of the lecture I gave at UCLA a couple of years ago, following Firefly's Tim Minear, about frontier literature and positive and negative concepts of liberty.
* In other news, I am very excited about the forthcoming two-book set from Library of America, American Fantastic Tales.
* The website is now up for ReConStruction: The 10th Occasional North American Science Fiction Convention to be held in Raleigh, North Carolina, USA from August 5-8, 2010.
* Now for one more memory from WorldCon: here's the video of Neil Gaiman reading Cory Doctorow's "The Right Book."
“We should grant power over affairs only to those who are reluctant to hold it and then only under conditions that increase the reluctance.”
– Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune