With thanks to agentxpndble, here's a lovely visual to accompany my segment. Ah, the sweet smell of steampunk!
In other news...
* From Publishers Weekly: "In Defense of Dystopia."
* From Jeff Vandermeer: "The Next Big Punking," which builds on "Make Way for Plaguepunk, Bronzepunk, and Stonepunk" from Wired.
* Speaking of steampunk, here's a list of steampunk audiobooks.
* Last, AMC's new miniseries of The Prisoner is finally over; there goes six hours of my life I will never have again. I was both hopeful and nervous about it. As it turns out, only the anxiety was justified. What a terrible disappointment in execution, in tone, and especially in message. I'll let io9 take it from here. Although my list would be far longer, I appreciate the symbolism: "Six Things the New Prisoner Changed for the Worse." Patrick McGoohan, how I miss you.
"As my Great-Aunt Maude always used to say: 'Artemus, if you can't win the game, the next best thing is to upset the chessboard!'"
- Artemus Gordon, "The Night of the Bogus Bandits," The Wild Wild West