* Just a reminder for those of you in/near North Carolina this Friday: at the invitation of the Friends of the Rudisill Library, I will be giving my presentation "'I Take My Life in My Hand': A Tale of Two Cherokees and the Trail of Tears" at Lenoir-Rhyne University on Friday, March 12. I also will be signing books after my talk. The evening is free and open to the public. More information is here.
* I am so pleased that K.W. Jeter's pioneering steampunk novel Morlock Night will soon be back in print!
* Speaking of steampunk, The Book Smugglers are celebrating "Steampunk Week" this week, beginning with "Steampunk Week: An Introduction and a Primer."
* Parajunkee's View is hosting a giveaway for Rachel Ward's novel Num8ers.
* Karin's Book Nook is celebrating three years with a blogoversary giveaway of the Mortal Instruments trilogy by Cassandra Clare.
"I know I take my life into my hand... We can die, but the great Cherokee Nation will be saved. They will not be annihilated; they can live. Oh, what is a man worth who will not dare to die for his people? Who is there here that would not perish, if this great nation may be saved?" - Elias Boudinot, 1835