* Yesterday was one of my favorite personal holidays, made all the more enjoyable because I never know the exact day it will occur. It was the first Starbucks pumpkin latte of the season. Autumn is on its gorgeous way! Come soon, dear fall!
* Today is the seventy-sixth birthday of the late, great Buddy Holly. Here, enjoy a song on me...
* Tonight, while lecturing on Edgar Allan Poe and his C. Auguste Dupin, I'll get to point out one of my happiest geek-girl moments of this year: spotting the apt genre tribute Moffat-n-Gatiss worked into the Sherlock episode "A Scandal in Belgravia." Whose portrait hangs on Sherlock's bedroom wall? Edgar Allan Poe's, fittingly enough. (Screencap or it didn't happen.)
* Tomorrow, Rupert Graves guest stars on Doctor Who. Enough said.
* Sunday, I'm to be interviewed by the kind folks at the MuggleNet Academia podcast. This will be difficult to do if I spontaneously combust the night before thanks to the Graves-on-Who goodness, so I'll try to keep it together. It won't be easy, though, I suspect.
“It is simple enough as you explain it,” I said, smiling. “You remind me of Edgar Allan Poe’s Dupin. I had no idea that such individuals did exist outside of stories.”
- Watson to Holmes, Arthur Conan Doyle, A Study in Scarlet