Here's some fascinating goodness for your Sunday...
* From NPR's "On Point," a terrific interview with Nancy Marie Brown, author of the new book Song of the Vikings: Snorri and the Making of Norse Myths, about the Icelandic sagas. Find it here. (Thanks to jan_u_wine.)
* An alternate route of Trail of Tears has been discovered in Rutherford County, Tennessee.
* A research article inspired by H.P. Lovecraft's "The Call of Cthulhu" was published two weeks ago on Cornell University's Arxiv website. The author, Benjamin K. Tippett, is also part of the Titanium Physicsists podcast. Here's the article: "Possible Bubbles of Spacetime Curvature in the South Pacific." (Thanks to memphismaniac.)
* Speaking of Lovecraft, from The Lovecraft eZine: "Free and/or Very Cheap Lovecraftian Kindle Books."
* Tickets for The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey are now on sale! It feels real now, doesn't it? Woohoo!
River: [over Serenity's intercom] You're wrong, Early.
Early: I'm not wrong, dumpling, I will shoot your brother dead if you don't—
River: Wrong about River. River's not on the ship. They didn't want her here. But she couldn't make herself leave. So she melted. Melted away. They didn't know she could do that. But she did.
Early: Not sure I take your meaning there.
River: I'm not on the ship. I'm in the ship. I am the ship.
River: River's gone.
Early: Then who exactly are we talking to?
River: Talking to Serenity. And Early? Serenity is very unhappy.
- "Objects in Space," Firefly