- Netflix Revives Western Longmire. Woohoo! I am one happy fangirl.
- The University of Iowa is digitizing 10,000 vintage sci-fi zines dating back to the 1930s. Fantastic!
- Three Calls for Papers of potential interest: 1) on Robert A. Heinlein, 2) on the Gothic and Racism, and 3) on "It's Happening Again": Twenty-Five Years of Twin Peaks.
- FX Is Making a Television Show Out of Alan Moore's From Hell.
- The latest episode of StarShipSofa is out - it's a jam-packed episode - and it includes my most recent "Looking Back on Genre History" segment, which celebrates the recent good news received by fans of The Pretender, Millennium, and Twin Peaks. You can download the episode via iTunes or stream/download it here.
Uncool Thing is Way Not Cool:
My flight to Pittsburgh last weekend reawakened an old problem of a decidedly icky and excruciating sort: cue terms such as "sinuses," "Eustachian tubes," and "ruptured eardrums." For medical reasons, then, I'm not going to be flying again in the next few months at the very least. (Or taking up deep-sea diving as a hobby, for that matter.) So it goes. On the upside, whenever I finally do fly again, at least I'll have something else to be afraid of besides the TSA.
The takeaway here is that most of my Spring 2015 trips and appearances - my Asheville weekend seminars, SofaCON and ConCarolinas, and likely another university campus talk in the works - won't be affected by this turn of events, but I'm very disappointed to say that it looks like Mythmoot III in January is off the table. I'm quite bummed about this.
For now I'm on the road again. Have a great one, my friends!